After a great visit with having both our boys home for Easter, we were back to work.
Shane took the lower cabinets from the main house and brought them up to the mobile. He made some modifications and installed them, plus created an island for us to install a dishwasher. It will be a great addition to the kitchen and there is so much more counter space.
We finished up the wall repair and painting in the living room so it was time to start decorating.
We found a great table and chairs set and a sofa, both on Marketplace. Then a chair at goodwill. We unpacked some pictures, hung the mantel and the tv and it is starting to feel like home.
We also were able to bring the cats up into the mobile since the floors were safe and we were able to block off the remaining bedroom we need to finish.
Now that our bed is up in the mobile home and we are sleeping in here, it was time for Shane to build a closet. I was keeping my clothes in the RV and using it as a big walk-in closet.
We picked up the flooring, so it was time to tackle the last room that needs subfloors.
This room was the most damaged. The floors were badly rotted and Shane found an ant colony and a very large spider while removing the old flooring.
Once the subfloors were in and sealed it was time to move on to the walls.
They were covered in nicotine and mold so we scrubbed them clean to get ready for paint. There was also some insulation that needed to be removed.
While Shane was busy with the floors, I was working on painting the bottom cabinets in the kitchen and stripping the doors for paint.
We are excited to be coming into the home stretch on this project. We are down to finishing out the master bedroom and bath. Laying the flooring. Tiling the backsplash in the kitchen and painting the outside. We will also be building a deck off the front and adding some planters for flowers. Stay tuned to see total transformation.