The beginning of week 11, we were excited that our boys were going to be coming home for Easter. That meant getting the bedroom in the mobile home ready for us to move our bed in, so that there would be enough room in the RV for everyone to sleep. We also wanted to get the kitchen up and running so that we could cook while everyone was home.
While Shane was busy up in the mobile home, I was down in the garden. I created raised beds for the vegetable garden. I planted some corn and beans in the first bed and was watering when we had a surprise visitor.
A gentleman pulled into the driveway with a tax sticker and said he owned the RV. We were lead to believe in escrow that it was detitled and was included in the property. He was a family member that had been living there previous to the sell of the property. We immediately called our real estate agent, who called the listing agent and the lawyers office that handled our deed. Shane and I got online, did some research and did find tax records indicating that it was owned by this gentleman. So, all work on the mobile stopped. Until the title was settled, we decided that it was best to not move forward. Fortunately, Shane had requested a survey to be done when we were in escrow. This would be the second time that we needed it. The first time, it showed the property was 1.99 acres, not the 3.5 it was listed as. Now, the mobile is clearly marked on the survey, so the lawyers office and the listing agent were well aware it was there and did not do their due diligence to make sure the title was clear.
So will that was getting cleared up, Shane moved onto repairing the fencing from when we had the garage installed and all the grating done. I moved forward with getting the garden planted. I planted potatoes, garlic, onion, and lettuce. I also had to run into town for more rye and hay. Then, I planted more rye grass to help control all the mud from all the rain we were getting. I also used some hay on the walkways in the garden in an effort to control the mud there.
By Friday, the listing agent finally made contact with the seller and he did admit that the other family member owned the mobile and he offered him $500.00 for it, never heard from him, so included it in the sale of the property. We gave them until the following week to resolve the issue.
Rainy weekend gave us a little down time to do some online research and order some needed supplies.
Monday, we learned from the seller he was able to secure the title for us, so we jumped into cleaning the mobile. We scrubbed and steamed all the windows and any walls that hadn’t painted yet.
We were back on track getting ready for Easter and picked up a picnic table for outside and a John Deere ride on tractor mower to cut the grass. Then cleaned and prepped the RV for our kids to visit and moved our bed into the bedroom in the mobile so we would have a place to sleep.
Once we received the title, we went straight to the DMV to put it in our names.
The week wrapped up with us filing Easter eggs for the big kids, getting our grandson’s Easter basket ready and grocery shopping for the holiday weekend.
We were ready for a few days off and some family fun!