Hello all, here is an update on our 1st week renovating our property in South Carolina.
Our very 1st day, my husband got stuck in the mud pulling our work trailer onto the property with our tools in it. After an hour of trying to get out, we called a tow company and the driver was able to attach a chain and pull out the trailer and truck. He had to do it from the street to avoid getting stuck himself.
We were staying near by at an AirBnB on a farm so we were able to clean and check out the wiring! Oh what we found!
Lot’s of car wiring, muliple splices, hot wires with no ground. Some very creative and dangerous solutions.
Then we moved on to tearing down the carport. We have a new concrete slab being poured and a new garage coming so getting prepared was a priority.
It took 5 attempts to pull it down with the truck and a chain but we finally got it down.
Then we took it apart and saved the wood to be reused on other projects or for firewood in the fire pit. Unfortunately we could not save any of the metal roofing. It was thin and had large nails hammered in so there were large holes after we took it off.
To wrap up the week, we started taking down the garage. We cleared out the inside and took the walls down. Next will be the roof and studs.